Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

About Me

My photo
Ryan and I began our journey together over 9 years ago, when we began dating. We became life partners in August of 2004, and this past fall we welcomed a baby into our family. Topher Van Sol was born Oct. 3, 2009. We have two wonderful dogs that bring joy everyday and are getting used to this attention stealer! I am a counselor in training, and Ryan is an Educational Assistant at a residential treatment center. He is also working on his MSW. We live to serve and love. We are blessed my our friendships and family.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's a.... human with a heartbeat!

Welcome to week 14. This was an exciting milestone for us, we got to hear the baby's heart beat. It was so interesting. There was a moment of panic when my midwife put the instrument on my tummy, moved it around and began searching for the baby and the heartbeat. She finally found it and sighed, then baby moved and she lost it. It's going to be one of those babies! She searched again and found the beautiful little sound. It was so neat. It's amazing how this little sound can take your breath away.

Everything else went well with our appointment. I really love our midwife. She is so calm and easygoing about things. She answers all my questions with simple straightforward responses, and is just a sweet person. She also loves to give me freebie vitamins and things! LOVE IT! Our next appointment is in another 4 weeks. Woohoo.

Another interesting milestone happened thanks to my beautiful friend, Stephanie. She gave me a bunch of maternity pants. I am not really showing, yet, but my 'normal' pants are beginning to be very uncomfortable, especially since I sit at work and in classes all day... so I have began sporting the maternity jeans. AND I LOVE THEM! So stretchy and wonderful.

I am blessed to have friends and family so willing to help out!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! Thats TOO Cute! That little haertbeat is the most Beautiful sound, especially the first time you hear it! I am so excited for you! YAY on the Maternity clothes too...they are WAY more comfortable than trying to fit into your normal ones! :o) Congratulations! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should look into one of those belly band things. I didn't really like it when I was pregnant, but everyone else seemed to. I wore it a lot after Ashton was born . . .I wanted to be back in "normal" pants, and that was the only way I could do it. ;)

    ReplyDelete