Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

About Me

My photo
Ryan and I began our journey together over 9 years ago, when we began dating. We became life partners in August of 2004, and this past fall we welcomed a baby into our family. Topher Van Sol was born Oct. 3, 2009. We have two wonderful dogs that bring joy everyday and are getting used to this attention stealer! I am a counselor in training, and Ryan is an Educational Assistant at a residential treatment center. He is also working on his MSW. We live to serve and love. We are blessed my our friendships and family.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

"Hold on, let me think about that..."

So, when one gets pregnant it is known to most that there will be morning sickness, nausea, weight gain, mood swings, but nobody ever really told me about the baby stealing my brain!!!

The words of the title of this blog have become my catch phrase. I say them constantly, whether to myself or out loud. I am forgetting things that have been in my brain for years, things that I need to remember, like for my MASTER'S DEGREE, and things said to me 20 minutes ago! I know this has a tone of whining, and I don't mean for it to, it is mainly a tone of surprise. I have always had a good memory... compared to Ryan, it's amazing, but now... he looks to me to remember when we moved from Lubbock to Albuquerque, how long we worked at Spirit Ranch, his birthday... and it's in there, it just takes a minute to retrieve. It is very frustrating.

So, mom's of the world, is this normal? Will it get better? Or should I just resolve myself to being forgetful? Maybe now I understand why my mom forgot me at school is 4th grade!

4 comments:

  1. Angela--being pregnant myself, I can say--you can definitely blame your forgetfulness on the baby. I think that from the moment you become pregnant, part of your brain goes off to "momma land" and is preparing for the new life changes, so those trivial things like "What am I getting at the grocery store?" or "Who was it again that I just dialed?"--they just seem to take a back seat in your psyche. The other day, I even forgot how old I am! So, don't worry too much about it. Your brain just has bigger fish to fry right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...This is DEFINETLY a "Pregnant" thing. It does come back, maybe not full force, lol! ;o) But it's definetly something that you notice...I swear, the most common crap that you "should" know is either gone or takes forever to remember, lol! Don't worry, it's normal...or as "normal" as it gets when your pregngnat, lol! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mind hasn't come back yet. I read somewhere that phenomena is called "Momnesia." I -think- they say it's actually a real, physical condition... or maybe it's not... sorry, can't really remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My catch phrase was something along the lines of "the baby is eating/ate my brain" . . .he's eleven-months-old, and I found myself saying it two days ago . . .it's not as bad now, though. :)

    ReplyDelete