Happy Father's Day- Ryan Kendall Porter! You are the most amazing person I know.
My husband. My husband became a father 20 months, and one week ago. From the moment Topher took his first breath, Ryan has been here to document with pictures, to change diapers, to kiss ouchies, and to be the perfect role model of what a man is, for our son. I wanted to write something to put out into the world, so that Ryan and Topher can truly know that I am blessed by the man who chose to spend his life being my partner.
I am not good at affirming Ryan. He puts up with so much with work, school, and his crazy wife, and his smile and hugs are never hard to get to- he is wonderful. I hope that even when I make his life more difficult, he can look back at this note and know that I truly want and need him every day!
Here are a few things that make Ryan my favorite person and the best father!
• He has made up countless songs and dittys that we now sing constantly to Topher.
• He is the best swing. He leans over and lets Topher sit in his arms and swings him back and forth- brings a laugh every time!
• He takes great pride and joy in doing the floors- vacuuming and mopping!
• He doesn’t like it when Topher calls him “Wy-wan” instead of “Dada”.
• Ryan only wants to make our house better.
• He loves Saturday morning cartoons- especially watching them with Topher.
• Ryan listens to my pointless stories.
• He knows that leaving to toilet seat up and the shower curtain open drive me CRAZY, and so now he always put them back the right way!
• When Topher wakes up in the morning, he always calls for Ryan, and that makes Ryan’s whole day!
• Ryan will watch Real Housewives with me.
• He knows my Starbucks drink!
• He will always share his food with me, even though I am not that forthcoming.
• Ryan loves me. Ryan loves Topher. We are blessed to be part of his life!
I could go on and on about the man that is Ryan. Maybe someday I will put down even more about the reasons he is the coolest person. Until then, I will strive to tell him every day- Thank you for loving me. Thank you for choosing me. And thank you for making Topher with me!
- Ryan and I began our journey together over 9 years ago, when we began dating. We became life partners in August of 2004, and this past fall we welcomed a baby into our family. Topher Van Sol was born Oct. 3, 2009. We have two wonderful dogs that bring joy everyday and are getting used to this attention stealer! I am a counselor in training, and Ryan is an Educational Assistant at a residential treatment center. He is also working on his MSW. We live to serve and love. We are blessed my our friendships and family.