Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

About Me

My photo
Ryan and I began our journey together over 9 years ago, when we began dating. We became life partners in August of 2004, and this past fall we welcomed a baby into our family. Topher Van Sol was born Oct. 3, 2009. We have two wonderful dogs that bring joy everyday and are getting used to this attention stealer! I am a counselor in training, and Ryan is an Educational Assistant at a residential treatment center. He is also working on his MSW. We live to serve and love. We are blessed my our friendships and family.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Oh, the milestones!

This past week was a huge week for me. I left Topher for the first time. I began my semester last Thursday and Topher stayed at the church building with a friend. He did great! He ate, played and slept. Gina said he did great, and she did great too. She texted me throughout the morning and even sent me a picture so I would be put at ease. I did begin to relax around 10am. I was in such a rush to return to my little man that I didn't even stop and talking to my teacher like I normally do. Yes, I am a teacher's pet... or at least try to be! Topher is so wonderful at being with other people. He gives smiles freely and is not shy about throwing up on anyone!

This past Sunday he also had a first... his first Sunday school time! Usually I take him to class with Ryan and I and he does great... he sits there and listens and occasionally times-in with a very thoughtful and challenging comment, but this past Sunday, he was very passionate about his views and I decided he might be better in the nursery. So, he went to Cradle Roll and met and watched all kinds of new friends! He even took a little nap! I fell so confident in leaving him and the church even has little pagers they give you in case your little one needs you. I have to admit, that even though it never went off... I was constantly looking at it. I even held it for about 10 minutes! Below is my little man at Sunday School. He is really getting so big... well, not compared to the kid next to him! My friend, Shannon, said it looks like Topher is conducting a meeting! He is so precious!




Topher and I also embarked on the wonderful world that is reusable diapers! I am so excited about this! We decided to try a brand of diapers that a friend uses called Fuzzi Bunz. It's a big investment up front, but they will last until he is potty trained, and if we should make another baby, they will last. I am still trying to master the washing, but it seems to be fine! I am excited to cut back on our waste!
Topher also has slept through the night for a whole week now. There are still mornings he wakes up a little early, but I check on him, and tell him he can't get up until 6am. He talks a little and then most times, falls back asleep. He is doing great on his schedule and takes great morning naps and OK afternoon naps. He loves when Ryan comes home and they play.
Topher is 16 wks now and I can't believe how much he's grown. He brings me such joy! He laughs and talks and is wonderfully funny! Next week we will have his 4 month check up... and shots! YUK! But I can't wait to get an offical weigh in and measurment. I'll update that as soon as it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment