Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

About Me

My photo
Ryan and I began our journey together over 9 years ago, when we began dating. We became life partners in August of 2004, and this past fall we welcomed a baby into our family. Topher Van Sol was born Oct. 3, 2009. We have two wonderful dogs that bring joy everyday and are getting used to this attention stealer! I am a counselor in training, and Ryan is an Educational Assistant at a residential treatment center. He is also working on his MSW. We live to serve and love. We are blessed my our friendships and family.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Probably going to jinx it...

This week was a weird and emotional time for me... and I can't put my finger on the reason. There were a few days where I just felt like crying. I thought I past these post-partum waves of emotion! With some love and encouragement, I have reached equilibrium again!

But the thing I don't want to jinx is... TOPHER SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! (Okay, well, kinda) We began a more rigid feed/wake/sleep schedule and he went to sleep after a 9pm feeding and woke up at 3:30am, but went back to sleep after a comforting belly rub and slept until 6am, when I woke him for his morning feeding! So, this was the first night he went a full night without eating! WOOHOO! Will it happen again tonight... who knows? Sundays are always hard because of church. He kinda naps at church and feeding is always a little weird, but we shall see! The funny thing is I kept waking up to check on him! I guess I am going to need to learn how to sleep through the night again!

Anyway, it's just a wonderful feeling to 'accomplish' something I felt would never happen! Special thanks to my sister-in-love, Rose. She handheld me through the process and thought about prayed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment