Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

About Me

My photo
Ryan and I began our journey together over 9 years ago, when we began dating. We became life partners in August of 2004, and this past fall we welcomed a baby into our family. Topher Van Sol was born Oct. 3, 2009. We have two wonderful dogs that bring joy everyday and are getting used to this attention stealer! I am a counselor in training, and Ryan is an Educational Assistant at a residential treatment center. He is also working on his MSW. We live to serve and love. We are blessed my our friendships and family.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

We did it.

Even though we are sleeping through the night... I still fall asleep if I am still for too long!

Sweet baby... I had to take more pictures in this coat that is now too small. I love him with ears.

Hanging out.


Tummy time. His neck is working hard!



4 nights in a row, Mr. Topher Van Sol Porter slept through the night! He no longer wakes up, no cries, no ba-ji, no belly rubs... NADA! Ryan said he heard him squirm a little, but I didn't... I hope I didn't lose my mommy ears! I used to hear every breathe!

So, I think we are headed to a more stable road of eating, playing, and sleeping. He is just a precious baby. I love him more and more. He is becoming so strong and a lot more fun to play with. He loves getting nibbled on and giggling at everything! He is such a joy.


I am truly blessed.


But... this week has been sort of sad for me... I start school tomorrow! I have such mixed emotions about it and have tried very hard not to think about leaving Topher, but about getting back to my degree! I miss learning and interacting with my classmates and friends... but the thought of Topher doing anything without me is really hard to handle. I don't want to miss a smile or cry, I want to put him down for his nap and be there when he wakes up. I know that school and career are really what I need to do- I just hope I can make it through tomorrow with my eyeballs in tact!

No comments:

Post a Comment